Wild Venison Wraps Recipe
Venison, vegetables and rice all rolled up into tasty lettuce wraps – this recipe makes eating a low-carb diet super easy
Wild Venison Wraps Recipe (Photo courtesy of Shaun Davies)
Try this delicious and nutritious venison wrap recipe from Taylor Drury of Drury's THIRTEEN.
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- ½ pound ground venison
- Half package taco seasoning
- 1 head lettuce, washed and separated into large leaves
- Shredded cheese
- 1 package Rice-A-Roni Long Grain & Wild Rice Mix
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, diced
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
1. Prepare rice according to package directions.
2. In a pan, heat 1 tablespoon of coconut oil over medium-high heat and brown ground venison. Add taco seasoning, ¼ cup of water and stir until most of the water has evaporated – keep warm.
3. In another pan, heat 1 tablespoon of coconut oil over low heat and sauté mushrooms with ¼ cup of water and garlic powder. When most of the water has evaporated, add spinach and sauté until wilted.
4. To assemble wraps, spoon rice, mushrooms and spinach, tomatoes, venison and shredded cheese onto lettuce leaves.