Crush Recipe: Venison Meatball Subs
This Venison Meatball Subs Recipe requires only a few ingredients but tastes delicious
These venison meatballs can also be served on top of spaghetti. (Photo courtesy of "Crush with Lee & Tiffany")
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
- 2 pounds ground venison
- 1 egg
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup diced onion
- 2 tablespoons diced garlic
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1 jar marinara sauce
- 3 Demi-Loaves
- Mozzarella cheese
- Extra-virgin olive oil
1. In a large bowl, mix the first 7 ingredients well. Form the mixture into 1-inch balls and place into a hot skillet coated with extra-virgin olive oil. Brown each side of the meatballs. Make sure to not overcrowd the pan, you might need to work in batches.
2. Once the meatballs are browned on each side, add 1 jar of marinara sauce of your preference to the meatballs. Put the lid on and reduce the heat to medium. Steam until cooked through, about 20 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, preheat an oven to 350 degrees. Cut the tops out of 3 Demi-Loaves and scoop out bread forming a hole. Once the meatballs are cooked through, spoon them in and cover with mozzarella cheese.
4. Bake for approximately 15 minutes or until the cheese is browned and bread is toasted. Serve and enjoy!