Venison Tenderloin Mini Wellingtons Recipe
If you're looking for a special venison tenderloin recipe, give these mini wellingtons from Lee & Tiffany Lakosky a try
This Venison Tenderloin Mini Wellingtons Recipe can either be served as a meal or as an appetizer at your next party. (Photo courtesy of "Crush with Lee & Tiffany")
Yield: 4-6 mini wellingtons
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
- 4 to 6 thick-cut slices venison tenderloin
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups finely chopped mushrooms
- 2 cups finely chopped onion
- 2 cups paté (we used duck, but any flavor will do)
- 2 sheets puff pastry
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Sprinkle salt and pepper on venison. Grill or pan sear venison until just medium-rare. Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add mushrooms and onions and sauté with a pinch of salt until soft.
2. Cut out 6 squares of the puff pastry slightly larger than the venison tenderloin pieces.
3. Spread a layer of paté and mushroom/onion mixture onto each puff pastry square. Lay a venison tenderloin piece on top of the spread and wrap with the puff pastry.
4. Place the wellington seam side down on a baking sheet. Repeat with the rest of the venison pieces and then brush tops of puff pastry with melted butter.
5. In a 350 degree oven, bake for 20 minutes or until pastry is golden brown. Top with fresh herbs and enjoy!
For more recipes from Crush with Lee & Tiffany, visit TheCrush.tv.